Misadventure , which brims over with black humor and terse dialogue, gives new meaning to the Bette Davis line, 'Old age ain't for sissies.
Having lived through the city's earlier and equally absurd mid-century mores, he is more than qualified to skewer and roast its later incarnation. For a man in his nineties, Kaufman writes with all the verve and venom of a precocious year-old; his story is good—but his storytelling is a non-stop delight.
Fast, nasty and funny as hell, it's a brand new classic of the noir genre, and I wish the author had lived on to write ten more just like it. Magoo, shows a penchant for surprising twists. The book's outrageous situations and fast-talking dialogue keep the intrigue running high.
CBBC child star Mya-Lecia Naylor, 16, died by misadventure coroner rules
Kaufman died last year at the age of 92, and Misadventure , following the Bowl of Cherries , is his second and final novel. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please help improve this article by introducing citations to additional sources.
- Marketing for Success: Flash;
- Christmas Dinner Made Simple.
- The Hemingway Short Story: A Study in Craft for Writers and Readers?
- Exciting Holiness: Collects and Readings for the Festivals and Lesser Festivals of the Calendars of the Church of England, the Church of Ireland, the Scottish Episcopal Church and the Church in Wales.
- Misadventure - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary;
- Cosmology: The Science of the Universe;
June Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications. Categories : Causes of death Medical terminology Death stubs.
- Second Chances?
- Foundations of Engineering Acoustics.
- Out of The Hills: From the Great Depression to Happier Times?
- Time for Joy: Daily Affirmations?
Hidden categories: Articles needing additional references from June All articles needing additional references All stub articles. Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history. Languages Add links.